This course is for anyone preparing for IELTS. Although the IELTS Test does not include a specific grammar module, it is important to be able to recognize and use grammar appropriately. This course covers the grammar you will need to be successful in the test. Furthermore, the course basically focuses on grammar and promotes the development of all language skills. Not only it functions principally as a classroom teaching text but it also serves as a comprehensive reference text from students.
Objectives of the course:
- Strengthen students’ language use.
- Strengthening students’ capabilities in general English language courses for extra grammar practice or in practice tests, especially preparing for IELTS Tests.
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Understand how the grammar is actually used in IELTS Tests.
- Be aware of different types of grammatical point.
- Understand the usage of tenses and use them correctly in IELTS tests.
- Identify and understand the grammar more easily and use it correctly in everyday practice.
Teaching and Learning Strategies:
The course will be included the cognitive skills, behavioral approaches, and active learning strategies—such as remembering, comprehending, synthesizing, evaluating, introduction to the branches of the behaviorism in psychology, assumptions of the approach and an evaluation, interactive lecture methods, demonstrations, inquiry approaches, group discussions, individual and group assignments and handouts.
Schedule: Saturday only from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
Total Course Hours: 45hrs.
Course Outlines:Chapter 1: Present Tenses
Chapter 2: Past Tenses
Chapter 3: Future Tenses
Chapter 4: Model Tenses
Chapter 5: Comparing
Chapter 6: Conditions
Chapter 7: Reporting
Chapter 8: Defining
Chapter 9: Linking Words
Chapter 10: Vocabulary